Luckily I have a job with a flexible schedule that allows me to work from home. Every now and then I do have to venture out to visit schools and the eventuality of finding childcare was an unavoidable reality. In an unexpected turn of events our good friend Kat just happened to be living in limbo - between towns and jobs - and took us up on the offer of being our short term live-in nanny. How very white collar of us! Besides being a great nanny and a patient soul as we try to get Ev on a nap schedule, it was fun just to have her around.
So, inspired by a rare cloudy morning, freshly roasted chiles in the fridge and perhaps most importantly, a NAPPING BABY, Kat and I made tamales.
the corn husks
masa
cheese
freshly roasted green chiles
calabacitas
and the perfect package
during which the little guy did a lot of this







Do you do mail order on the Tamales? Yummmy. and the lil guy.. tweet tweet! So cute.
ReplyDelete