Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dancing for joy at the grocery store

Plain and simple - I love food. And although I love food there are few occasions when I will dance a jig in the aisle and call my husband with a "guess what?!" moment. Today was one of those days because Easter candy has arrived.


Forget the chocolate bunnies and Peeps, pass on the malted Robin Eggs and jellybeans, hand me over a bag of those Mini Eggs! These candy coated bites of goodness only appear twice a year on grocery shelves - Easter and Christmas - and my Christmastime stash is down to just one bag.

The only other time of year that my husband gets a call like the one I made today is during the month of September when Hatch chiles and the drum roaster makes an appearance at the Farmer's Market store. The intoxicating smell practically plans a menu and we buy a case to take home and freeze for the rest of the year.

Happy eating!

1 comment: