Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yes, we're still working on the kitchen

We did finish painting the kitchen. And for all that debate, and all those paint samples,  I chose the most amazing color of all.....Navajo White.
Yup, plain old off-white to complement the white cabinets.
 So, to add that pop of color I so desperately crave I decided, on advice of a friend, to add new hardware to the doors. As you can see the old hardware is yet another lovely shade of off-white.
But holy cow hardware is not cheap! Scouring the intra-net I found the perfect DIY solution that added just a touch of that industrial/vintage look I am currently obsessed with. It involved Ebay, a couple of failed attempts at bidding, and some convincing of mr. bejos. Some people just can't see the potential in scrap vintage metal.
These arrived in the mail.
















We scrubbed the heck out of them,






















prepped them,



Painted them a fun new color.










 I hit a glitch attaching them to the doors and only about half made it up.
Let the problem solving begin.




No comments:

Post a Comment