Thursday, January 28, 2016

Toothless



Someone lost his first tooth!

It was New Year's Day when this guy woke us up with the BIG news..."I have a loose tooth". Mama and daddy mustered up the necessary enthusiasm even though it was 7am of New Year's morning after a late (although uneventful) New Years night. 

And then I remembered that I decided against finishing the tooth pillow I started to sew for Christmas when I realized just how many gifts were already piled under the Christmas tree. 
"It'll be awhile until he looses a tooth, I have time." 
That night, in anticipation of furious wiggling and the imminent loss of this first tooth, I stuffed and sewed the seam closed. 


Little did I know it would take 19 days (yes I am late in the posting) for that tooth to finally let loose - and then only with the help of one of his classroom teachers. When Mr. Bejos was around there was a strict "no wiggling" rule, as it creeped him out. 

And yes, the tooth fairy did come, leaving behind a little something in his new monster tooth pillow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment