Saturday, May 14, 2016

more on the bathroom


So to recap - brother and I decide, via long distance phone calls, that bathroom will be a facelift event. Book the flight, stay a little longer, just in case. Hey maybe we'll even get the chance to play in the woods or travel the state a bit. I mean if you're coming all the way out here....





And then brother bejos began demolition and discovered layers of rotted flooring.







Our trips to the store became less and less enjoyable.  I think this was the 84th trip.



The project turned into a complete and total demolition and gut job. Sigh. 
I think it was right before this picture was taken, when we realized that we had to remove the old enamel cast iron tub that we expected to refinish and leave in place, that I sat and started to get a bit teary eyed. At which point I put life in perspective, chiding myself for crying, crying!, over a silly bathtub and remodel gone wrong. 

A trip out to the dump yard made me laugh. 




And a beer, sitting on toilet, on the porch, seemed to turn around the situation. 









No comments:

Post a Comment