It has simply been a long time and I am just too lazy at the end of the day to upload pics and write a little something about life.
I'll try harder 😀
In the middle of "winter" the bejos clan gathered with another faction of the bejos family who happened to be west of the Mississippi for a desert wedding. We departed after school, in the middle of the week, driving under a dropping ceiling of clouds that announced the arrival of one of our few winter storms this year. We skirted the edge of the storm for almost the entirety of the drive. The real adventure was when we entered the desert and literally coasted on fumes through a desolate area void of gas stations and life of any kind. It was a tense end to the trip as we watched the miles pass and held our breath. I have never been so relieved to pull up to a gas pump, nearly 35 miles after the gas light illuminated!
The setting was Joshua Tree. I had been once before, but only from the south entrance which was not very exciting....had to drive something like 45 miles before even laying eyes on a joshua tree. The north entrance however, well, it drops you right into the rocks and trees that make this place an iconic one.
| skeleton rock |
No comments:
Post a Comment