Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Surprise package

Recently I received a lovely unexpected package in the mail. For the life of me I couldn't figure out what it could be, but what a great surprise it was.

This summer, while visiting my family, my brother roped us into the very dirty and dusty job of cleaning out the barn of his new farmhouse. Filled with disembodied racoons, piles of feces, and decades worth of junk, there were a few little treasures hidden inside too. I found, and was granted ownership of, an old and rusty card file that papa bejos took to restore for me. Quite honestly I had forgotten about it. 

But papa bejos didn't forget about it, and outsourced the job to my Uncle Tom who has taken on the new hobby of powder coating.



 Gorgeous, right?
Not quite sure what I will be using it for, but I love it!

Uncle Tom, incidentally, is the person to whom I first declared myself kicken bejos, at age 3, while trying to pronounce my real name. Credit to Uncle Tom is long overdue for the creation of this alias I go by in cyber world.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks kicken. Gald you are enjoying it! Start collecting 3x5 index card recipies!!

    ReplyDelete