Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Casting Off

I got bit by the knitting bug a few months ago and have been churning out projects left and right. This is not always the case, so I'm glad to be more productive than usual. This sweater and hat combo was for a little guy born just over a week ago. The hat was supposed to be a preemie hat but it was still much too big. Of course it could have something to do with my gauge. I'm a careless knitter.  I never check my gauge. I often end up knitting and re-knitting projects for this very reason.
The color of the hat is distorted, looking more red than the grey it is. I found the hat pattern via Pinterest, it can be found here. I modified it a bit by adding the snaps to pin up the ear flaps because I knew it would be too big. The sweater is the same pattern I wrote about here.

No comments:

Post a Comment