Friday, January 17, 2014

On my needles

Sometimes I get the urge, the need, to knit. I've had this project in my mental queue since being pregnant with the little one, yet I never got around to casting it on. Last weekend I decided I had to start a project, right then, and dug around for yarn that would fit the project (and the practicality of a newborn garment). Even as I casted on I knew it wasn't knitting up right. It was just too big, but I couldn't stop, and found myself with an 80% completed project that fit baby bejos after all. Except that it was wrong all over. Too big in the sleeves, awkward length, the wrong color for a crawler.....the list goes on and on. With a deep breath I tore it all out, a term I have recently come to learn has a name; frogging.
Ribbit, ribbit 
As in "rip it, rip it" out.
This second time around I think it's going much better. You'll find out if it ends up on an off my needles post. 





No comments:

Post a Comment