Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Last day of school, and other random notes

Today is the LAST day of school. Can I get an amen??

It has been a heck of a school year, especially considering that last year I didn't work a full year because of the whole having-a-baby thing. In many ways it was easier but also SO much more challenging. Now I can (almost) kick back and enjoy summer with the boys. We are heading to NY next month but until then it will be trips to the gym and pool, painting the house (still, yes I know), and maybe visiting with a few neglected friends. Who knows, you may even see a few more posts here from day to day.

In other news the Slide Fire, which scared the heck out of us as seen here and here, is now 92% contained. We have unpacked our car from the threat of a possible evacuation, and are happily going about our business. Best of all the skies have cleared and we can, literally, breathe easier without the choking smoke and ash that filled the air. We have yet to see the damage firsthand but I can only imagine how horrible the scorched land will look.

And now for a few random pics.




No comments:

Post a Comment