Wednesday, September 24, 2014

birthday climb

It was about 9 years ago, just before my 30th birthday(holy cow!), that I last climbed this beautiful mountain that looms in the skyline of our town. As my birthday surprise Mr. Bejos hired a sitter and we hit the trail to do it once again, this time together.
It is a deceiving climb. The mileage is not impressive, per say, and the first 3.5 miles aren't too bad. But then the rocky scrambling begins and the two false summits dash one's dream of finally reaching the top.  I was ready to give up, almost, but not quite hoping that the clouds moving in would bring down the rain and we could turn around and call it a day. Oh how glad I am that it did not rain and that we pushed on to the top. The views were stunning.























Almost sweeter than the ascent was the post-hike beer and removal of hiking boots. Thanks Mr. Bejos :)

No comments:

Post a Comment