Sunday, September 7, 2014

Under the stars

Despite a little guy with the sniffles, we used the long weekend, last weekend, to get out into the woods for a long overdue night under the stars. The littlest one has never been camping. Our family trip this June was thwarted by roseola  (did we ever talk about that??) and only Mr. Bejos and the eldest ended up on that planned outing.

It's strange to think that just a few short years ago I logged double digits under the stars each season. It was easier of course to accomplish when my job duties required a handful of those nights, but still....double digits. I imagine our logged nights out will increase over the years, but I am logging in this season with 1.

















It was fun to have nothing to do except chase these two around, even that unsteady little guy, and snap endless pictures of their adorable faces. The best part may have been the trip home. Although it looks like we are in the middle of nowhere we were actually quite close to home. So close that the oldest Bejos boy biked (as I kept pace beside him) the trails home. It wasn't too long of a trip but the extra Skittles in his pocket did help put a little gas in his engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment