Friday, June 8, 2012

Project Chair, part 1

I bought this chair a good 4 years ago to solve a chair shortage we were experiencing in our then new house. Chair shortage!? LOL - that couldn't be further from the truth these days. But I digress...

This lovely was a steal for a mere $15.

I love the shape but, as you may be able to tell, it was far from clean and sported a few scars from a life well lived. I then learned that the art of reupholstering involves BIG bucks, getting estimates ranging from $400-$600. And so it has lived, as-is, in our living room for 4 long years.

I then stumbled upon a smoking deal on fabric at the very same thrift store, and was determined to  reupholster this bad guy myself. And that too sat in the garage for a good long time. Luckily my mama & papa bejos are more ambitious than me and took on a reupholster project this spring that built enough confidence in them to haul their equipment out here to tackle my chair.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment