Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Project Chair, part 3

As you can tell by the pictures it was the figurative "we" who completed this project. It was mama bejos who measured, cut, and sewed. It was papa bejos, who single-handedly stretch and pulled the material to re-dress the naked chair - and I mean that  literally as he is still recovering from hand surgery and doesn't have full range of motion with his left hand. I was there to help with him with this, as I wasn't about to sit back and let them do all the work, but mostly my job was to wield this pneumatic staple gun and remove misplaced staples when we didn't figure things out on the first try. I tried to be all Buddhist about it "thank you for the opportunity to practice using this tool" but that part was just plain old annoying.

And with just one night left we had to take the chair inside to finish up the work. I worked them hard - there is no doubt about that from anyone. I mean check out the bad lighting. They could report me to OSHA.

No comments:

Post a Comment